Monday, May 10, 2010

ForGiveness

Well, apparently someone has been reading my mail / or blog... lol...

As you all know, I am dealing with forgiveness. Or anger and unforgiveness rather. I went to church Sunday morning expecting a nice sweet sermon dealing with Mother's Day but instead, God had other plans. Pastor preached about forgiveness. Wow, did it hit home.

Why should I forgive?
- Forgiveness brings healing - which I need.
- Forgiveness is for benefit - It's not hurting the person that I haven't forgiven, it's hurting me.
- Forgiveness saves the expense of anger - which I have so much of.
- Forgiveness saves the high cost of hatred - not sure if I would use the word "hate" but pretty close. And if God loves that person and I hate them than what does that say of me? hmmmmm....

How do you forgive?
- Immediately - well, in my case not so immediately.
Still don't really know how to forgive. Pastor said something about not just forgiving part of it but forgiving ALL of it.... Really?? Do I HAVE to? But there is freedom in forgiveness.

Forgiveness is an action, not a feeling. We have to CHOOSE to forgive. Maybe not necessarily Forget. I think forgetting is a whole 'nother topic.

So today I choose to forgive that person. To not speak negatively any more about them. I will write down every transgression this person has done to me and than burn it and give it COMPLETELY to God. Because it's not my role to exact judgment on people. I have my own sins and faults - Lord knows, I don't need anyone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment