Monday, May 24, 2010

Lazerus

~ We came home from church last night to find this kitten all but dead. His little body was limp, eyes fixed & very shallow breathing. He didn't respond to any kind of stimulation. He is the runt of the litter & has been weaker and more sickly than the others so we weren't really surprised. Joseph asked if he could pray for the kitten because he felt God had invested the power of healing in him. How were we supposed to argue with that? I told him that sometimes it is God's will that animals die to avoid any kind of suffering. I worked at a vet's office for a while so I was sure that this kitten was going to die. How little was my faith. Joseph sat & prayed over the kitten for several minutes & then we wrapped him in a towel & put him in a box for the night. Roger & I both felt like the kitten would be dead by morning. Imagine our surprise this morning when we woke up to find the kitten up & about, meowing in his box. He still isn't out of the woods but he is headed there. Never say prayer doesn't work.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I loved this story thanks for sharing Prayers can do so much

    ReplyDelete