Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh. My. Gosh. VULGARNESS

I just finished looking through the book It's Perfectly Normal by Robie H. Haris. This book is designed for children ages 10 and up to inform them about their bodies and sex. Wow. This was the most vulgar book I have EVER read in my life. I felt like I had just finished looking at a Hustler magazine. And THIS book is aimed at my CHILD??? I. Don't. Think. So. At one point the book says that sometimes boys touch other boys and girls touch other girls and that this was perfectly normal. Um. NO! IT'S NOT! I am SHOCKED. I can NOT BELIEVE this book exists - wait, yes I can because we live in a society where it's okay for kids to be having sex and it doesn't matter who you have sex with. Just as long as it "feels good". I am disgusted. Really. I don't even know what to say other than I will NEVER EVER buy anything from this author. I'm appalled. Ok, so now that we are all clear on how I feel... lol... I just had to share this. Please leave your comments. Eager to know what YOU think about a book like this.

1 comment:

  1. Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, I was a librarian. I can honestly say that I've seen worse. But that doesnt make it easier to stomach when you read a book aimed at kids and are appalled!

    ReplyDelete