Thursday, March 4, 2010

ANGER vs. BITTERNESS vs. PAIN

[Written on March 3rd, 2010]
  Last night we read some verses (in Psalm and Ephesians) and they really spoke to me. THey dealt with anger which I seem to have a lot of. But HOW do you let go of anger??? Here are the verses:
     "And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another. When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down. Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him]." Ephesians 4:24-24
    "Be angry and sin not; commune with your own hearts upon your beds and be silent (sorry for the things you say in your heart) Selah [pause, and calmly think of that}" Psalm 4:4
   Okay so I understand it's OK to get angry - the key seems to be to CONTROL your anger and to release it. But I don't even know why I'm angry sometimes. I seem to have a chip on my shoulder.
   Sometimes I feel like I have good reason to be angry BUT that would be dwelling on the past and doing that accomplishes absolutely nothing. Maybe my anger is a result of bitterness. I am very bitter to events, memories, and people. So if that's the case, I need to learn how to LET GO of the bitterness.
  So Lord - I need Your help! I need You to guide me and help me to let go of the 1) anger 2) bitterness and look like 3) pain. Only You can do it because I just don't know how. I'm so sick of myself and my selfishness. I want to be like Jesus and be a light for the world to see. I want to have that gentle and quiet spirit that always seems to be just out of my reach. But it's not out of Yours. Help Me Lord. ~Amen~
  

No comments:

Post a Comment